Day 1: 16/06/2011

Day 1: 16/06/2011
Tranquility

Day 1

I decided a while back that I wanted to start a 365 photography project Seeing others inspired me to take this step in photography, as i have been at university studying illustration the last three years but leaning more towards photography by the end of my degree and even doing my dissertation on documentary photography.
I wanted the starting day to be a day which meant something to me so I decided that today, the 16th June, which would have been my Mother's birthday who sadly passed away nearly 3 years ago, would be fitting. This project is in her memory and a gift to her.
The main photograph i have chosen today was taken in Central Park in New York city. At the moment I am on a 5 week holiday staying with my Aunty Parvaneh and Uncle Richard. I came here with my partner David and our daughter Rosina. The photography is of a small motor powered boat which people of all ages were sailing around a pond in the middle of the park. It is a peaceful photograph full of tranquility, hence the title. In the middle of the big city there is peace found by all in this wonderful park.
The two photographs below show the bulk of what I did today which was a photo-shoot, which I did for my Uncle Richard, photographing
the filming of a video being made for the Kickstarter website for his product Tricky notebooks. It was a long day but good experience
documenting a film being made.

Photo- shoot

Photo- shoot

Tricky notebooks

Tricky notebooks
I have realized that i blogged my first day as the main post, so now day one of my project will always be at the top of the blog and the rest will go in order from newest post to oldest, just so you don't get confused!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 56: Alone

 Rosina and I had a lovely morning playing and cuddling, she even tried to help me vacum by getting of the spare vacum head and copied me pushing it over the floor. I think when she is a bit older I just invest of one of the mini henry hovers which work and are children sized, least her copying would help me out :) When David finished work we went on a walk down the river and back round to the canal were we walked to blockbuster and got some films out for tonight, then got an angel cheff take away for dinner.
  The photograph today is of David sitting on a wall in a arch on the river side. I was trying out some artist looking photographs, to me this photograph has a Banksy style to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment